Volunteers greet and check in patients and families who are about to have surgery. The volunteers transfer calls from the doctors and surgeons to the family as information about the patient becomes available. In addition the volunteers provide listening ears and support to families. When the patient finishes surgery and goes into recovery, the volunteers escort a couple of family members back to see their loved one and if needed gives directions to the patient room as it is assigned. Volunteers should be caring, helpful, and possess a willing heart to serve. Light computer skills are necessary to look up confidential patient information. We are willing to train.
The volunteers also direct guests to various areas of the hospital including the cafeteria, gift shop, and other areas of the hospital.
Currently we need help Wednesday Evenings from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
This is a perfect position for college students because if it's not busy, the volunteer may bring something to read or study.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Broken Arrow Surgery Waiting...
- Sapulpa Gift Shop Volunteer
- Owasso Gift Shop Volunteer
- Owasso Guest Services Desk...
- Endoscopy Discharge Volunteer
- Sapulpa Way Finding Desk
- Cath Lab Check In Volunteer
- Sapulpa Emergency Room Volunteer
- Patient Dismissals and Equipment...
- Gift Shop Volunteer
- Broken Arrow Guest Services...
- Flower Delivery Volunteer
- Surgical Waiting Room Volunteer
- Owasso Radiology Volunteer
- Broken Arrow Auxiliary Gift Shop