Make Friendly Phone Calls To Our Homebound Neighbors
Do you enjoy talking on the phone? Some of our neighbors in the community are unable to leave their homes because of health concerns and do not receive visitors often. With one phone call, a volunteer can brighten someone's day with a cheerful conversation and listening ear. If you enjoy talking on the phone and lifting people's spirits, this is the opportunity for you.
Way to Help
- Caller - call our neighbors to check-in and have a short friendly conversation.
- Volunteer for a minimum of one 2 hour shift each week.
- Shifts include:
- Monday - Sunday: mornings
- Volunteers may choose to make phone calls from home or from the Neighbors’ office.
- An ongoing commitment is preferred; however, short term volunteers are also welcome.
- Make a positive impact in your community with a team of dedicated volunteers and staff.
- Utilize and strengthen your interpersonal and communication skills, and form meaningful connections with people.
- Each year, more than 4,500 friendly check-in phone calls to homebound neighbors are provided by our volunteers.
At Neighbors, all donations and volunteer service directly supports the local community.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Provide Fun Activities for...
- Spread Good Ole Holiday Cheer
- Events are a Fun and Easy Way to...
- Everybody Loves a Parade
- Make Friendly Phone Calls to our...
- Help Feed our Neighbors in Need
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- Retired and Want to Give Back
- Help Families Get Gently Used...
- Provide a Warm Welcome to...
- Help Feed Hungry Kids This Summer
- Remember the "good old days"...
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Drive our Neighbors in Need to...
- Volunteer While on the Job Hunt