For some families and seniors in our community the holidays are a difficult time emotionally and financially, so many rely on assistance from Neighbors. Volunteers support Neighbors over the holidays by organizing donations, carrying donations to clients' vehicles, and helping clients sign up for assistance. You can make the holiday wishes of people in your community come true this holiday season.
Ways to Help
- Intake - talk to families about their holiday needs and help them sign up for holiday assistance.
- Toys - sort and organize toy donations. This role is group friendly, youth friendly, and ESL friendly.
- Clothing - sort and organize clothing donations. This role is group friendly, youth friendly, and ESL friendly.
- Volunteer for a minimum of one 3 hour shift per week.
- Shifts include:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm, and 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- The Holiday Program runs from late October to mid-December.
- An ongoing commitment is preferred; however, short term and one-time volunteers are also welcome.
- Make a positive impact in your community with a team of dedicated volunteers and staff.
- Utilize and strengthen your customer service and organizational skills.
- Each year, volunteers ensure that more than 900 families receive toys, clothes and other donations to help them celebrate the holidays.
At Neighbors, all donations and volunteer service directly supports the local community.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Provide Fun Activities for...
- Spread Good Ole Holiday Cheer
- Events are a Fun and Easy Way to...
- Everybody Loves a Parade
- Make Friendly Phone Calls to our...
- Help Feed our Neighbors in Need
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- Retired and Want to Give Back
- Help Families Get Gently Used...
- Provide a Warm Welcome to...
- Help Feed Hungry Kids This Summer
- Remember the "good old days"...
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Drive our Neighbors in Need to...
- Volunteer While on the Job Hunt