Business Operations Intern
37 people are interested
UniversalGiving is seeking an Operations Intern/Volunteer to support day-to-day activities for the organization. This position offers broad experience and exposure to diverse areas of how a nonprofit functions. If you are a well-rounded person with many different talents and skills, we want to hear from you today.
UniversalGiving™, an award-winning global social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization, is seeking an Operations Intern to support day-to-day activities for the organization. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, diverse support to staff management, business-operations planning support, assistance with volunteer recruitment and team member setup, basic administrative assistance, general office maintenance, and light technical support. This position offers wide exposure in working with multiple business units within the organization, including NGO Services, CSR, Technology Systems, People Management, and Office Administration. We require a well-rounded, multi-talented individual who has a passion for details with a strong ability to execute their work consistently in a professional manner. Ideally, this person thrives in a goal-based, deadline-driven, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
UniversalGiving™ internships offer exciting opportunities to those wishing to make a significant impact and contribution to our global communities. Join UniversalGiving and work closely with a dedicated international team, while gaining valuable skills in a social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization.
"Working with UniversalGiving has given me the chance to participate in critical aspects of business management and partnership facilitation, which are opportunities that would definitely be off-limits to "the intern" at most corporations. The friendly and ultra-supportive executive team here wants their interns to contribute to the main goals and aspirations of UniversalGiving in important ways and helps them to do so, which is what makes working here so rewarding and fun - so fun, in fact, that I will continue to be a part of their team even after leaving the San Francisco office!" --- Emily Stehr, UG Representative at Princeton University, Summer Intern
UniversalGiving™ is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model™ to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeekFast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving™ is the 2010 winner of the Opportunity Knocks' Best Nonprofit to Work for Award.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is also a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She has been chosen as a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week, ideal candidate is available Tuesday through Friday 9am-5pm for the duration of the internship (3-4 mo internship). Ideal candidates are available to work in our downtown San Francisco office.
- Strong computer skills, including basic knowledge of technology systems, proficiency with internet-based research, and intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong basic working knowledge of in-office technologies (printer, copier, fax, etc)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Preference for working in a fast paced environment
- Works well with deadlines and multiple assignments
- Strong organizational skills
- Responsive to manager feedback, ability to take direction and execute work independently with minimal oversight
- Interest in nonprofit work, international issues, and philanthropy
- Full support of the mission and vision of UniversalGiving™
- Experience working at a unique global, social-entrepreneurship nonprofit
- Collaboration within a positive team environment
- Increased understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Networking with other nonprofit professionals
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving™
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com with "Operations Intern/Volunteer" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
UniversalGiving’s vision is to "Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life."™
For more information please visit:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- UniversalGiving’s Blog: PhilanthroPost
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
- Follow Us on Twitter: @UniversalGiving and @PamelaHawley
- Like us on Facebook
We'll work with your schedule.
901 Mission StreetSuite 205San Francisco, CA 94103