132 people are interested
Become a Community-Based Mentor
ORGANIZATION: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands
Please visit the new page to apply.
132 people are interested
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands:
Become a mentor and spend time with a youth in your community doing activities you both enjoy. In a time when youth are/were coping with isolation due to COVID-19, mentoring has become more important than ever. We have dozens of kids on our waitlist right now - support a youth in need by becoming a Big Brother, Big Sister or Big Couple today! To get started today, apply online at www.bbbsomaha.org!
* Matches must sign and adhere to BBBS waivers and follow CDC guidelines.
* Matched with youth (aged 7-14) based on location, interests, and expectations.
* Explore the community - get a bite to eat, learn a skill, enjoy a hobby.
* A Match Support Specialist will check in with you regularly to coach and help as needed.
* Totally free! Matches get discounts at local businesses and have exclusive invitations to our own events.
* Must live in the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area.
* Must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
* Must be at least 19 years of age.
* Must have a valid driver’s license & car insurance.
* Must have your own personal vehicle.
* Complete a background & reference check.
* Meet your Little at least two times a month or at least four hours a month.
* Commit to your Little for at least 12 months.
[We serve the following counties: Douglas, Sarpy, Cass, Saunders, and Washington County in Nebraska and Pottawattamie & Mills County in Iowa.]
To get started today, apply online at www.bbbsomaha.org/be-a-big!
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands
10831 Old Mill Road, Suite 400, Omaha, NE 68154, US
Create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
For more than 60 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As a donor and volunteer supported organization, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers ("Bigs") and children ("Littles"), ages 7 through 14, throughout the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area. We develop positive friendships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people that helps them realize their potential and build their futures. With your help, we nurture children and strengthen communities.
Become a mentor and grow together by becoming a Defender of Potential!
Omaha/Council Bluffs MetroOmaha, NE 68108
November 16, 2023
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- ALL mentors must commit to at least one year; Two outings per month (total of 4 hours per month); Mentors must have the ability to meet in-person once COVID-19 social distancing ends**
- Be at least 19 years old; Have a high school diploma/GED; Current driver's license & auto-insurance (regular access to a car); Must live in Douglas, Sarpy, Cass, Saunders, or Washington County in Nebraska OR Pottawattamie & Mills County in Iowa.