Tutors are needed to help adult who want to improve their reading, writing, and English speaking skills. * Tutors and students meet twice a week for 1 ½ hours each time at the library or other public place.
* All materials are provided to the tutors and learners free of charge.
* Tutors receive training and support from Literacy Staff.
* Student lessons are designed around the goals that the student wants to achieve. Tutors must:
* Be at least 18 years old
* Have average or better reading and writing skills
* Be willing to make a 6-month commitment to their student.
* Have an interest in helping another adult. No teaching experience needed is needed!
Tutoring opportunities are available at Solano County Library Branches in Vallejo, Fairfield, Suisun, Rio Vista, Vacaville.
A list of all library volunteer opportunities can be found here.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours twice a week for 6 months