What's Your Impact (WYI) is looking for people who want to help spread the word that climate change is something that we, as individuals, can fight. WYI is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about what is going on with global warming and what they can do about it.
WYI is looking for a web marketing specialist that will use our websites, mailing list and various other media to convince people that they can take simple steps that will help reduce their impact on the environment. The specialist will be responsible for tracking our target audience as well as developing and achieving our marketing goals.
If you want to be part of a team that is looking to deepen the connection between people and nature, all while taking a hands-on approach to fighting climate change, then you need to join our team!This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Support with SEO and content strategy; analyze; review and implement changes to WYI website to ensure it is optimized for search engines.
- Execute and deliver various email marketing campaigns as well as conduct quality tests to ensure newsletters emails are compatible with different browsers; ensure all links, images and subject lines are accurate and working properly.
- Maintain and grow WYI’s mailing list effectively using best practices.
- Track target customer segments for each campaign as well as perform marketing analytics reports on WYI website, email newsletters and blog.
- Maintain the overall marketing plan as well as monitor the success of strategies to identify gaps and opportunities for growing the WYI brand.
- Degree and/or experience in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts as well as a proven track record in developing creative marketing campaigns.
- Self motivated team player with a positive attitude, capable of forming relationships with individuals and WYI members.
- Online marketing, copywriting, Google Analytics and Adwords experience is an asset.
- Experience in graphic design (HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite) is an asset.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting Work Hours: TBD
Time Commitment: Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week but we use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time our volunteers can give us. On any given week you are in control of how many hours you volunteer. During that time we are always available for questions and any other support we can offer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to support a great cause within the non-profit sector, and expand their experience in the field.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment