WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where811 West Jericho TpkeSuite 103WSmithtown, NY 11787
RSVP operates a Chronic Disease Self-Management Program. We are looking for Peer Leaders to co-lead these evidence based 6 week workshops.
The worshops are six weeks, (90 minutes a week) and take place in senior centers, libraries, assisted living facilities and hospitals. Developed by the University of Stanford these workshops are scripted and teach people to manage their conditions (which can range from obesity to Arthritis) and symptoms while reducing their stress levels and increasing their confidence to manage their health. Attendees lower their hospitalization rate, ER visits and Docters visits.
A 2 day training and materials and lunch are included. All worshops are co-lead by two people and follow a script.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week
- Train according to Univ. of Stanford curriculum
- Love Computers? Love People? We...
- Feeling Good Exercise Program
- Assist seniors confused by...
- Head Start Assistance
- Computer Connections Program...
- Clerical Support Positions
- Training Leaders
- RSVP volunteers as Literacy...
- Love to Talk? Be a Telephone...
- Help other Seniors to lead a...
- Computer Installers,...
- Speakers Bureau