Program Representative (DreamPack Campaign)
2 people are interested
Capture the Dream, Inc. Position: Program Representative - DreamPack Campaign
Who We Are
Established in July 2006, Capture the Dream, Inc. is dedicated to helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed in school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers. We foster hope, love, and support to youth at critical time periods to empower them to overcome adversity and achieve their dreams. No dream is too small and no dream is too large.
Our organization offers several ongoing programs such as our Capture a Dream program that offers gift grants to low-income children throughout the Bay Area. Each gift grant embraces the value of education, arts, sports, and culture to encourage and motivate children in a time of need. In addition, our Interpret a Dream program pairs up career-minded individuals with mentors in a career field of interest. Our scholarship fund provides $1,000 scholarships to students in need. Along with these programs, we also donate school supplies through our annual DreamPack campaign and distribute Christmas gifts through our Adopt a Family program.
This past year, we were able to fulfill the dreams of over 1,000 Bay Area youth and distribute over $75,000 in goods and services to those in need. In addition, Capture the Dream, Inc. has been recognized in the Oakland Tribune, UC Davis Magazine, a local New York Television Show, People Magazine, AsianWeek, World Journal, AT&T Community Spotlight Hero Award, 2007 Maybelline Empowerment through Education Award, Oakland Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Board of Supervisors Certificate of Honor, California State Senate Certificate of Honor, Appreciation Award from the Taiwanese Consulate, PG&E Community Service Award, and Pinnacle Award.
As a DreamPack Campaign Program Representative, you will be responsible for helping develop and manage our DreamPack Campaign program. This program was created to assist low-income families in supplying their children with the essential tools for learning by providing each child with customized backpacks full of school supplies and other necessities. You will help plan and coordinate this program by soliciting appropriate donations (both monetary and non-monetary), collecting applications from Bay Area elementary schools, organizing backpack deliveries, and working with other Capture the Dream members to accomplish these tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and implement the DreamPack Campaign program
- Work with Marketing Manager / Team to help solicit donors
- Prospect corporate sponsors and work with volunteers
- Work closely with Fundraising Manager and Accountant to manage event budgets
- Work with staff and volunteers to coordinate, prepare and manage all event data
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to convey ideas in a concise, clear and persuasive manner
- Ability to work with detailed and confidential information
- Proficient written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a timely fashion
- A minimum six month commitment is required for all CTD Volunteer positions
- Preferred: Access to transportation, available for CTD monthly staff meetings
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Volunteer will receive experience within this career field and an exceptional letter of recommendation. We reward our volunteers with special promotional items, events, tickets, and other opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit us at: http://www.capturethedream.org.
Capture the Dream, Inc.
484 Lake Park Avenue, #15
Oakland, CA 94610
484 Lake Park Ave #15Oakland, CA 94610
- Must be at least 18