Friendly Visitor - Heartland Hospice Chicago (south)
157 people are interested
Are you a good listener? Are you looking to serve your community with purpose? Become a Heartland Volunteer! Our Volunteers are the heart of our hospice team. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the extra care our patients and their families need. Volunteers have a tremendous impact on the lives of the patients that they serve.
Volunteers offer support, companionship and compassionate help to our patients:
- Volunteers provide a nurturing environment for patients and families.
- Volunteers spend time with our patients sitting and talking.
- Volunteers spend time with our patients reading and socializing.
As a hospice volunteer, you will be oriented to the hospice program so you can understand our caring philosophy and goals. Volunteers have a critical contribution to the hospice experience. We work with your schedule and we match you with patients in your own community, so contact us and let's make a difference together! We do have a screening process which includes an application, background check and in-person training.
We'll work with your schedule.
Chicago(south)Chicago, IL 60605
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment varies but typically 2-4 hours per
- 2 step TB test at our expense