Volunteers are the heart of our hospice team. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the extra love and care our patients and their families need at this time in their life.
Volunteers offer support, companionship and compassionate help to our patients.
- Volunteers spend time with our patients sitting and talking.
- Volunteers spend time with our patients reading and and socializing.
As a hospice volunteer, you will be oriented to the hospice program so you can understand our caring philosopy and goals. You will not be asked to become a family counselor, just a non-judgemental listener and friend.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment varies
- 2 step TB test at our expense
- Administrative Volunteer Needed...
- Hospice Friendly Visit - Volunteer
- Veterans for Veterans- Calling...
- Tuck-In Call Volunteer - Friday...
- Veterans serving Veterans -...
- Pet Enrichment Volunteers
- Friendly Visitors - Batavia -...
- Friendly Visitor, Glen Ellyn
- Friendly Visitor - Heartland...
- No persons should die ALONE
- Crocheting, Quilting, Knitting...
- Hospice Friendly Visitor, ...
- NEW Volunteer Training this...