Assist staff with the daily maintenance of our 188,000 gallon kelp tank, feed aquatic exhibit animals and participating in dive shows for guests. The required pre-requisites include a minimum level of Rescue Diver certification from a nationally recognized scuba certification training agency, proof of at least 50 logged dives, current certifications in CPR/FA/O2/AED, the ability to pass a confined water swim and scuba evaluation, and the ability to pass a dive medical examination. Dive certifications are required before you apply. All associated costs to be incurred by prospective volunteer. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Must commit to serving 12 hours/month for a 1 year period.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Aquarium Maintenance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week for 1 year
- Dive Certification
- Air & Space Volunteer
- Air & Space Host Volunteer
- Guest Services Volunteer
- ExploraStore Volunteer - Have...
- Ecosystems Host Volunteer
- Educational Presenter Volunteer
- Discovery Room Assistant Volunteer
- Husbandry Volunteers needed....
- Foundation Assistant - Data...
- Certified Diver Volunteer
- Science LIVE! Presenter Volunteer