We are looking for business volunteers who can help run a half day event we host in local secondary schools. The purpose of the morning is to prepare the students for the world of work and more immediately their work experience placement. The Skills for Life morning is made up of 30 minutes sessions covering areas like Customer Service, Telephone techniques, Interview skills, Dress to impress and Health & Safety. This is an interactive session where business volunteers can give valuable assistance and provide more input than a teacher could to a class of 15-16yr olds. We hope that you will take up the challenge. The event calendar is on our website www.learningtowork.org.uk. Please find an event near you and volunteer.
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Software Engineering
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Mentor a Work Experience Student...
- Future Gold - Enterprise Event
- Work Ready Conference in School
- Entrepreneurship Challenge -...
- Business Ambassadors for Skills...
- Business Volunteers
- Speaker for Mini Vans Enterprise...
- Interview skills required
- Slough Mosaic Mentoring Programme
- Do you have the skills to work?...