If you are age 55+, RSVP Can Help You Volunteer, Make a Difference
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereKalamazoo Co: Meals on Wheels, Food Pantry, TutorsMedical Rides, Home Repair, Adult Literacy, MMAPCalhoun County: Meals on Wheels, VA Medical CenterKalamazoo, MI 49001
RSVP is a national service program that engages people age 55 and better in volunteer service to meet community needs and provides a high quality experience for the volunteers. RSVP partners with nonprofit agencies and schools to connect older adults to volunteer opportunities. Many opportunities are available in Kalamazoo County, with a few offered in Calhoun County.
RSVP membership is free and open to volunteers choosing to serve in an RSVP focus area activity (listed below). RSVP volunteers serving in these activities receive membership benefits including limited mileage reimbursement for those who might otherwise find it financially difficult to volunteer, invitation to a volunteer celebration, and supplemental accident, excess auto liability and personal liability insurance while serving provided at no cost.
We are accepting new RSVP Volunteers to serve in these focus area activities.
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Tutor or mentor students
- Give seniors rides to the doctor or grocery store
- Spend time visiting with homebound seniors
- Help older adults access health care benefits
- Assist Veterans at the VA Medical Center
- Distribute emergency food
- Tutor adults in reading
- Make home repairs for low-income seniors
- Educate older adults on healthy aging
- Supporting home medical equipment loan program
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Regular or Flexible Schedules, One Time Projects
- Application, Requirements vary by opportunity