DONATE TO THIS
127 people are interested
Job Title: Vigil Volunteer
Purpose: To provide presence and comfort to hospice patients in the final days and hours of life.
Location: Greater Columbus Metro Region
- Be a presence and support for patients who have entered the last 24-48 hours of life
- Sit with the patient when family/friends cannot be present or need a rest
- Be willing to accept a volunteer assignment without much advanced notice
- Weekend availability a plus
Time Commitment: As needed for 6 + months.
Qualifications: Kind, respectful, comfortable with various aspects of death & dying, able to maintain confidentiality
Support: Training for this position will be provided. An on-call registered nurse will be available for questions or concerns.
We'll work with your schedule.
2245 North Bank Drive DriveColumbus OhioPatient's are in the Columbus/surrounding areaCOLUMBUS, OH 43220
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one 2 hours shift monthly for 6+ months
- Tb test & flu immunization