Job Title: Vigil Volunteer
Purpose: To provide presence and comfort to hospice patients in the final days and hours of life.
Location: Greater Columbus Metro Region
- Be a presence and support for patients who have entered the last 24-48 hours of life
- Sit with the patient when family/friends cannot be present or need a rest
- Be willing to accept a volunteer assignment without much advanced notice
- Weekend availability a plus
Time Commitment: As needed for 6 + months.
Qualifications: Kind, respectful, comfortable with various aspects of death & dying, able to maintain confidentiality
Support: Training for this position will be provided. An on-call registered nurse will be available for questions or concerns.
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one 2 hours shift monthly for 6+ months
- Tb test & flu immunization
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Phone-A-Friend Volunteer
- Birthday Brigade
- Friendly Pet Visitor
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Volunteer Hair Stylist
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support
- Spiritual Support Hospice...
- Musical Moments Hospice Volunteer
- Comfort Companion Hospice...
- Biography / Family History...
- Support Group facilitator
- Craft Leader
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Special Events Assistant