191 people are interested
Be a Hospice Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Amedisys Hospice - Baton Rouge
Please visit the new page to apply.
191 people are interested
If you have a passion for caring for others and are looking for a way to make a difference in people’s lives, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. As a hospice volunteer you are an important part of our hospice care team, you can help improve the quality of life for our patients, their families and their caregivers.
Currently looking for volunteers for:
- Offering companionship
- Scrapbooking, arts and crafts
- Making weekly telephone calls
- Veteran to Veteran visits
- Help by grocery shopping and/or running errands for patient
- Provide respite for caregivers while visiting with the patient
- Providing help with bereavement mailings
- Attending local community service and health fairs
- Creating Chart-a-life posters, grief journals
- Crafting and delivering seasonal gifts to patients
- Sending birthday cards
- Delivering birthday balloons, card and cupcake
Professional Volunteers, using your talents:
- Massage/Reiki/and other alternative therapies
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Videographer, Photographer
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Amedisys Hospice - Baton Rouge
3854 American Way, Suite C, Baton Rouge, LA 70816, US
We honor those we serve with compassionate home health, hospice, and personal care services that apply the highest quality clinical practices toward allowing our patients to maintain a sense of independence, quality of life and dignity.
Amedisys is a leading provider of home healthcare and hospice services, focused on providing professional and personalized care for each and every patient in the comfort of his or her home. Our patients are the number one reason we are here and our commitment is to care for you or your loved ones as we would our own.
A hospice volunteer is a special part of the hospice team. If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of the terminally ill or those who are grieving by giving of your time to assist a patient, family member, or our office staff, then you have the qualities we're looking for in our volunteers. Volunteering includes visiting with patients, creating charts of life, making scrap books, blankets, cards, treats, reading and playing games and much much more.
New hospice volunteers participate in free training that provides information regarding the hospice philosophy of care.
3854 American WaySuite CBaton Rouge, LA 70816
November 13, 2023
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We would like volunteers to commit 4-8 hours/month
- We provide background check and training