Volunteer Court/Legal Advocate
YWCA Oklahoma City
*YWCA OKC follows all CDC guidelines. This opportunity can be virtual or in person.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
Assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and harassment with safety planning, court advocacy, court education and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a Court Advocate to clients seeking a Victim’s Protections Order (VPO) providing them with information, safety planning, referrals, crisis intervention, emotional support and encouragement.
- Complete a safety plan with every client who calls, presents to the office and/or at Court as appropriate.
- Assess clients resource needs and make appropriate referrals to other YWCA programs and/or other community agencies.
- Provide and coordinate language and cultural support needs.
- Coordinate services for crisis clients by making contact with other allied professionals or agencies working with the client.
- Gather and report required information for funding sources.
- Provide crisis advocacy and support through follow up calls.
About YWCA Oklahoma City
2460 NW 39th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73112, US
YWCA Oklahoma City is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
The YWCA is the oldest and largest multicultural women's organization in the world. Across the globe, we have more than 25 million members in 122 countries, including 2 million members in 300 local associations in the United States. More important than the numbers, is our mission to eliminate racism and empower women. We provide safe places for women and children, build strong women leaders, and advocate for women's rights and civil rights in Congress.
Women come to us in times of crisis, as survivors of rape or domestic violence. They come for job training and career counseling. They come for childcare. They come for a variety of reasons. But they come. And they leave with a renewed spirit, new skills, and stronger lives.
YWCA associations are the bedrock of the organization. They are in almost every community nationwide, and their services range from Childcare and Job Training, to Violence Prevention and Leadership Training. YWCA staffers, volunteers and friends are your neighbors, family members, co-workers and friends.