Bon Secours Hospice volunteers are very special! They are friendly visitors providing emotional support and socialization. They also are Hospice helpers who may run errands, read, write letters, journal/life review, small chores, caregiver respite and transportation to the patients and their loves ones. Our Hospice volunteers go through an initial training program and then attend educational in-services throughout the year. They have impeccable backgrounds as they are required to have criminal background checks and references. Our volunteers are part of an interdisciplinary team concept of care. They are valued by the Hospice team and respected as an intricate part of the team. Come join us in this amazing end-of-life care. Our volunteers repeat this over and over again: "It is both an honor and a privilege to become a part of someone's life at this time." Volunteers are needed in Suffolk, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Cheasapeake.
Make a change in your life and the lives of others today! Become a Hospice volunteer!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Nursing Home Companion (Southside)
- Summer Human Service/Social Work...
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteer
- Patient and Family Support...
- Good Help Callers
- Special Project Volunteer
- Yard and House Project Volunteers
- Human Service Intership...
- Administrative Bereavement...
- Veteran Pinning Volunteer...
- Hampton Roads Bereavement Center...
- Licensed Cosmetologist