As a way to help hospice patients fulfill their final wishes, we help them create a Life Journal to pass on their love, experience, and advice. We help them document their blessings and gratitude for those they care about most. A patient may recount stories of childhood, describe military experiences, or reminisce about their favorite pet, food, or first car.
Life Journals are compiled by volunteers from the community. The volunteers spend time with the patient and their family to gather stories and photographs, which are then compiled into a beautiful, hardback book. If you would like to learn more, please call us. Training and materials are provided. This is a meaningful and life changing opportunity. Hours are flexible. Volunteer as little or as much as you want. You can capture stories in as few as 2-5 visits.
Our next training is Wednesday, November 30th from 5:00-6:30pm.
Please contact Liz McCown for more details at (405) 632-9631 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! 2-3 hours per month.
- TB test and fingerprinting - will be provided
- Big Hearts, Big Paws, Big Smiles!
- Give the Gift of Art
- Veterans Helping Veterans -...
- Companionship. Joy. Comfort.
- Volunteers needed in Edmond!
- Volunteers needed in Chickasha!
- Volunteers needed in Midwest City!
- College Students! Need hours for...
- Volunteers needed in Mustang!
- Volunteers needed in Purcell!
- Do you have 45 minutes to spare?
- Now interviewing for Fall/Spring...
- Who doesn't love a good makeover?
- Volunteers needed in Yukon!
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Helping families remember their...
- High School Students! Need...
- Curious about hospice...