As a way to help hospice patients fulfill their final wishes, we help them create a Life Journal to pass on their love, experience, and advice. We help them document their blessings and gratitude for those they care about most. A patient may recount stories of childhood, describe military experiences, or reminisce about their favorite pet, food, or first car.
Life Journals are compiled by volunteers from the community. The volunteers spend time with the patient and their family to gather stories and photographs, which are then compiled into a beautiful, hardback book. If you would like to learn more, please call us. Training and materials are provided. This is a meaningful and life changing opportunity. Hours are flexible. Volunteer as little or as much as you want. You can capture stories in as few as 2-5 visits.
Please contact Sarah Cooley at email@example.com or at 405-632-9631 for more information.
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! 2-3 hours per month.
- TB test and fingerprinting - will be provided
- Big Hearts, Big Paws, Big Smiles!
- Veterans Helping Veterans -...
- Companionship. Joy. Comfort.
- College Students! Need hours for...
- Do you have 45 minutes to spare?
- Are you a Veteran that can spend...
- Internship Opportunities!
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Helping families remember their...
- Hey guys do you have time to for...
- Hang Out With Patients In Their...
- High School Students! Need...
- Curious about hospice...