Casa del Herrero. Montecito's only National Historic Landmark, has exquisite gardens and orchards that would benefit fromregular attention from a corps of regular volunteers!
We've primarily established garden volunteer day to be each Friday morning, generally from 9 AM to Noon, when we have a longtime, capable, hard-working, and FUN Volunteer Team Leader to assign projects, answer immediate questions, etc.
Projects often include a learning component and volunteers work under the direction of the Executiave Director and the Volunteer Team Leader, respectively. Activities comprise such things as:
- Pruning dead wood from orchard trees
- mulching composted manure and organic matter
- cultivating seeds, transplanting plants for the gardens
- planning, prepping, and maintaining kitchen & cutting gardens
- thinning agapanthus growth
- & more!
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 or more hours per week, preferably Fridays
- Ability to take direction from lead volunteer, but also to work & focus independently, be dependable