The New Jewish Home is seeking volunteers are needed weekdays, weekends, and some evenings to assist our Therapeutic Recreation staff in organizing, promoting and participating in activities with the elders both one to one and in a group settings. Activities include sing- along, concerts, exercise, dance, table games, bingo, discussion group, nail spa, art, knitting.
This opportunity is avaliable
Weekdays: Monday-Fridays from 10:00-5:00pm
Evenings: Monday-Thursday from 6:00-8:30 (only when evening programs are scheduled)
Weekends: Saturday & Sunday from 9:30-5:30 (mornings generally run from 9:30-12:30 and afternoons from 2:00-5:30)
Please apply online at the following link:
Please mention Volunteer Match & Recreation Assistant in your application
If you have any questions - Please contact Jessica at JSinovoi@jewishhome.org or 212-870-4940
- Music Arts
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Elder care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- steady commitment, 40 hours+
- Medical Clearance for TB & MMR, Flu Shot
- Help seniors attend Religious...
- Summer Volunteer at The New...
- Exercise at The New Jewish Home
- Recreation Assistant at The New...
- Theatre Workshop Assistant at...
- Special Event & Holidays Assistant
- Help elders attend recreation...
- Pharmacy Assistant at The New...
- Friendly Visitor at The New...
- Nail Spa at The New Jewish Home
- Weekend Volunteer at the New...
- Catholic/Protestant Worship...
- Crafts: Knitting,...