The New Jewish Home is seeking volunteers are needed weekdays and weekends to assist our Therapeutic Recreation staff in organizing, promoting and participating in activities with the elders both one to one and in a group settings. Activities include sing- along, music appreciation, exercise, dance, games, arts ands crafts, and sports.
This opportunity is avaliable
Weekdays: Monday-Fridays from 10:00-5:00pm,
Evenings: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursday from 6:00-8:30
Weekends: Saturday & Sunday from 9:30-5:30
Please apply online at the following link:
Please mention Volunteer Match & Recreation Assistant in your application
If you have any questions - Please contact Jessica at JSinovoi@jewishhome.org or 212-870-4940
- Music Arts
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- steady commitment
- Medical Clearance for TB & MMR, Flu Shot
- Help seniors attend Religious...
- Exercise at The New Jewish Home
- Recreation Assistant at The New...
- Special Event & Holidays Assistant
- Help seniors attend Shabbat...
- Librarian at The New Jewish Home
- Help elders attend recreation...
- Facilitate a class at The New...
- Pharmacy Assistant at The New...
- Friendly Visitor at The New...
- Nail Spa at The New Jewish Home
- Weekend Volunteer at the New...
- Catholic/Protestant Worship...
- Knitting, Crocheting,Beading...
- Volunteen - Youth Volunteer at...