27 people are interested
Program & Administrative Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
27 people are interested
Do you want to be involved in creating positive social change around the world?
Does a fast-paced environment spark your interest?
Are you looking for a flexible volunteer role where you can develop your skills in the nonprofit and humanitarian sectors?
illuminAid is a small nonprofit in Chico; however, we work in the poorest countries around the globe like Haiti, Nepal, India, Mozambique, and Rwanda. We partner with other charities such as Save the Children to help transform the lives of underserved communities through innovative technology. Our mission is to help educate the world's poorest billion people with low-cost technology.
We essentially coach for the staff of the other charities, helping them to integrate video into their interventions about health, education, agriculture, and the environment, etc. These interventions, magnified with video technology, help accelerate the rate of positive social change for those who need it the most. In equipping NGOs with mobile projectors and the knowledge to create behavior change videos, we support these organizations (and illuminAid!) in their drive towards achieving the UN Sustainability Development Goals.
illuminAid seeks a volunteer to assist in several key duties critical to the success of the organization:
- Marketing, including outreach and content creation
- Newsletter creation and article writing
- Collation and organization of Google Sheets containing several hundred data points for emails to non-governmental partners
- Updating illuminAid marketing material
- Maintenance of illuminAid internal wiki
- Equipment organization and management
- Creation and maintenance of audiovisual "how-to" guides for the equipment we take with us to developing countries
- Assist in sourcing new equipment for upcoming projects
- Organization and maintenance of the equipment database
- And many other tasks that support our organization
- Video creation and editing
Do some or all of these needs appeal to your interests and skillsets? Or maybe you’d like to learn how to do some of these to help illuminAid in its goals? We’ll teach you! The ideal candidate will have an interest in non-government organizations (NGOs) and the alleviation of extreme poverty, so just send us an email if you’re interested!
645 Mangrove Ave, Chico, CA 95926, US
illuminAid equips and trains organizations in developing nations to produce and share low-cost video content in order to help educate and safeguard local communities facing our world's most pressing challenges. illuminAid's mission is to help educate the world's poorest billion people with low-cost technology.
illuminAid empowers international organizations to create their own community-driven video for development.
645 Mangrove AvenueChico, CA 95926
September 2, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- We prefer 10 hours per week