"Leaders in Training" are amazing high school students that help with Nature Camps during school breaks. This is a perfect opportunity for volunteers who enjoy working with children, and it provides an excellent experience to include on a resume or college application. Although it is a volunteer position, applicants must interview with to be eligible. Students, not parents, are responsible for communicating with ENC staff regarding the Leaders in Training opportunity.
Mandatory Training for Presidents Week Camp is 2/14/18 from 3-5PM. If you are not available for training, please do not apply to be a Leader in Training for this Camp.
2018 Enrichment Camps:
- Presidents Week is February 19 - 22, 8:30 - 3:15 (training is 2/14/18, 3 - 5PM)
- Spring Break is April 16 - 19, 8:30 - 3:15 (training is 4/11/18, 3 - 5PM)
2018 Summer Camps (training is 6/13/18, 2:30 - 5PM, two session minimum required):
- Session 1: June 26-29
- Session 2: July 3, 5-7
- Session 3: July 10-13
- Session 4: July 17-20
- Session 5: July 24-27
- Session 6: July 31-Aug 3
- Session 7: August 7-10
- Session 8: August 14-17
Once we receive your application and reference form we will contact you to schedule an interview. Experienced L.I.T.’s, that have volunteered as JNs/LITs at the ENC in the past, need not submit a reference form or interview.
- Students must be enrolled in High School (Summer L.I.T.’s can be entering high school in the Fall).
- The Leader in Training Application and Reference Form (last two pages of the application) must be submitted before we call you to schedule your interview.
- You must have been interviewed by the Camp Director or Education Coordinator before volunteering.
- ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before volunteering.
- Please bring school paperwork that we need to fill out on your last day of volunteering.
- When is the deadline to submit my application? Positions are open until filled. Once we receive your application and reference form we need time to review it before contacting you to schedule an in person interview. All of this must occur before training.
- Where do I send my application? You can scan and email it to us, or send it in the mail.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- Critical Thinking
- Math / Science Instruction
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 6.5 hours/day for 4 days.
- enrolled in High School