Adopt A Granny or two! - Change a Life
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
542 people are interested
Can you adopt a granny and change a life? If you have just two hours per week you can be a part of this great multi-generational effort that will put you in touch with a wonderful local granny or grampy who needs a little extra help to remain living independently in their homes. What would you do? ... How about sorting through and organizing photos, doing a little shopping together, taking them to a medical appointment, or just reading a book, sorting mail, writing out cards or letters and chatting? If this sounds like something interesting to you, call today. You can set your own schedule and offer as much or as little time as your schedule permits but the rewards will be fabulous!
Or, if you have some time to devote, become a long-term care advocate.
Positions Open: Throughout Connecticut - Contact the Office of the State Long Term Care Ombudsman. Individuals who work, live in , or own a long-term care facility or who have members of their immediate family who work in a long term care facility are restricted from being volunteers in the Long Term Care Program.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Sensitivity to the elderly.
- Resourceful in coping with a variety of situations.
- Perseverance - working on a problem until it is solved.
- Tactful and diplomatic with staff residents and
- Good listener - the ability to determine the true nature of the problem behind a complaint
Special Considerations of the Job:
- Transportation to area nursing homes is essential (mileage costs are reimbursable)
- Must complete training and certification requirements
- Must attend ongoing monthly in-service training and supervisory meetings through the state.
We'll work with your schedule.
New Haven, Hartford, New London, Norwich,New Britain, Bridgeport, Bristol, Wethersfield,Your Town!statewide, CT 06510
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, choose what works for you!
- Special Considerations: •Transportation to area nursing homes is essential (mileage costs are reimbursable) •Must complete training and certification requirements •Must attend ongoing monthly in-service training and supervisory meetin