Middle School Tutoring/Mentoring
9 people are interested
This is an opportunity for volunteers to come and work one on one with a struggling middle school student. Many times the relationship is as important as the work that is being completed - in other words, a mentor type situation. If you have 30-45 minutes a week to donate to a middle school student who could use a positive adult role model in their lives, we'd love your help!
Opportunities are available at Kennett Middle School in Kennett Square, PA
Together for Education volunteer programs:
- Together for Reading: work with early readers in K-4th
- Together for Math: help build math facts in K-5th
- In Class Together: partner with a teacher and their class (great if you don't have a subject preference)
- Mentoring: Middle School or Elementary School
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.tfed.org
About Together for Education
235 Whitehorse Lane, Kennett Square, PA 19348, US
Together for Education is a catalyst for community involvement in education, seeking to strengthen the partnership among educators, students, parents and the community through quality program development and communication. Together for Education provides support to ensure an outstanding education for the community's children via the public school system.
Together for Education officially began in the fall of 2007, yet the idea began years before when a local company adopted a first grade class at Mary D. Lang Elementary School. It is the embodiment of a deep respect for education and the responsibility of every community member to make it better. It is the concept of working together for the common good, for a cause greater than ourselves. Just saying that education is important is not enough, our actions must prove it. We will only be our best when we all join together for education.
What we Do
- Coordinate community members as in-class volunteers and student mentors
- Connect the many great organizations that support the Kennett Consolidated School District
- Celebrate the accomplishments of the students, teachers and volunteers during the school year
To learn more, visit our website (www.tfed.org) or our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi97cU-zPmDmlLsvqehQUQQ?view_as=public).
Kennett Middle SchoolKennett Square, PA 19348
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18