Every year women from all over the world flee their home countries in fear of violence or persecution. Many are placed here in Buffalo as refugees from places like the Congo and Burma.
Most have few friends or family, and minimal support to help them through.
To add to the challenge, many are pregnant, in need of intensive medical care due to living malnourished in refugee camps for up to ten years.
Among their most pressing needs is the need for a strong, caring capable friend to help them adapt to life in America, talk things over, and teach them new skills.
Could that friend be you? Would you stand and support a refugee woman in her most vulnerable moments? Email to learn more!
- Life Coaching
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week
- Help a refugee mom learn English...
- Transporting refugee and asylum...
- Support a Community Financial...
- Support a pregnant refugee mom!
- Seeking a woman with a maternal...
- Child care for families in crisis
- A Sister, An Aunt, A Grandma, A...
- Photojournalism Project
- The Polly Project Mentoring...
- Citizenship class for refugees...