A Sister, An Aunt, A Grandma, A Friend
96 people are interested
Every year women from all over the world flee their home countries in fear of violence or persecution. Many are placed here in Buffalo as refugees from places like the Congo and East Asia. Most have few friends or family, and minimal support to help them. To add to the challenge, many are pregnant, in need of intensive medical care due to living malnourished in refugee camps for up to ten years.
Among their most pressing needs is the need for a strong, caring capable friend to help them adapt to life in America, talk things over, and teach them new skills.
You could that friend. Would you stand and support a pregnant refugee woman in her most vulnerable moments? Email to learn more!
- Meet with mentee once/week
- Support mentee as she works toward self-identified goals
- Report critical information back to the Priscilla Project staff
- Track visits with mentee on trackitforward.com
- Attend support meetings
We'll work with your schedule.
233 W. Ferry StreetBuffalo, NY 14213
- Life Coaching
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week for 9-12 months