CERTIFIED PET THERAPY DOGS NEEDED FOR HOSPICE PATIENT VISITS
14 people are interested
~NEED ANIMAL ASSISTED THERAPY DOGS FOR HOSPICE PATIENTS~
Pets have been proven to provide comfort and joy through interaction due to their ability to give and receive love unconditionally. Silverado Hospice is looking for Animal Assisted Therapy dogs and their wonderful owners to join our team. Our patient's are terminally ill and in their final stages of life. As a Hospice Volunteer you will be visiting homes and nursing facilities, bringing the healing power of your pet to our patients.
Volunteers and their dogs will sit with patients, hold their hand, and listen to their stories. You'll be assigned to a patient as close to your home as possible. Volunteers visit days and hours are flexible.
1. Have animal assisted therapy certification
2. Provide proof of liability insurance through certifying organization
3. Provide proof of current vaccinations
4. Have tuberculosis and drug test through Silverado Hospice (Free of charge)
5. Have background check through Silverado Hospice (Free of charge)
6. Ability to deal with death and dying issues comfortably (training provided as needed)
We'll work with your schedule.
thousand oaksThousand oaks, CA 91360
- Must be at least 18