23 people are interested
Virtual Internship Co-Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: KeelWorks Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
23 people are interested
The KeelWorks Foundation is a 501(3)(c) approved non-profit foundation dedicated to changing learning outcomes. We bring learners together, teach core learning competencies and learning values, we help them identify goals, we provide metrics for progress on goals, and we provide a virtual support structure for implementation. KeelWorks has a core of volunteers, but no paid staff and no funds.
Volunteers participate for two reasons: They believe in the mission and they want to advance their career. KeelWorks gives volunteers a chance to practice in the role they would like to pursue as a career. We have graduate level instructional designers without experience building learning content for KeelWorks. In return, KeelWorks allows them to put this experience on their resume as a job. We provide a job reference and speak to prospective employers without discussing work capacity or pay. We also have PM interns and data analyst interns.
To learn more about KeelWorks, please visit our website at http://keelworks.org
KeelWorks is in immediate need for internship coordinators to enter data on new and departing interns. Those who wish to do more can take on as much or as little of the tasks below as they wish.
The Internship Coordinator
- Performs under the direction of the intern program manager.
- Manages data tracking on new and departing interns.
- Sends out surveys for departing interns.
Additional elective role responsibilities:
- Sends initial contact to intern applicants.
- Obtains resume and screens applicants per criteria provided by the program manager (e.g., a graphic art intern must have minimum graphic art competence).
- Schedules initial meetings for designated program manager.
- Schedules onboarding, once intern agreement is signed.
- Tracks intern/volunteer participation checking to ensure they are navigating successfully.
- Alerts program manager where intern or volunteer needs attention.
If interested, please contact the Executive Director, Thomas Garrod, via email at Thomas.email@example.com.
About KeelWorks Foundation
N/A, N/A, WA 98277, US
To support a better world with better citizens by fostering learning competence, emotional intelligence, and networked intelligence. KeelWorks especially wishes to bring greater participation to the economically disadvantaged across the globe. We measure success by progress in competency (not grades). We build nurture hope for dreams by building competence.
We are a charitable non-profit virtual foundation. Founded in 2009, we've worked with over 300 graduate students and past students helping them bridge the gap from education to gainful employment while helping KeelWorks build a structure for people needing change. Our goal is to be the equalizer, bringing those on the outside looking in to the inside. Our goal is to end poverty across the world, one life change at a time. Our special approach involves grouping people for mutual support, teaching core competencies, and supporting goals with objective progress metrics and team accountability, We hope to build a structure for change that can be replicated hundreds and thousands of times. We don't give participants fish, but hope to teach them to fish for themselves.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 16, 2022
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- 2 to five hours a week. Depends on interest and availability.
- Broadband internet connection 15 mpbs or greater.