Volunteer at Point Reyes National Seashore
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
31 people are interested
About 2.5 million visitors annually enjoy Point Reyes National Seashore's wildlands and opportunities for recreation and solitude. You can enrich your experience by getting involved, by volunteering.
As a volunteer, you can experience the park in ways that casual visitors cannot by working in areas less traveled and working with park staff that can provide you with an inside look into park operations. You have opportunities for fun, interesting, and satisfying work while gaining new skills and meeting new people in a beautiful setting. By giving your time to volunteer, you will find that Point Reyes National Seashore has much to give back to you.
At Point Reyes, volunteers:
- Restore critical habitat by collecting and planting native grass seed, protecting riparian habitat, and locating, identifying and removing exotic, invasive plants
- Monitor wildlife, such as coho salmon and steelhead trout, harbor seals, snowy plovers
- Maintain and repair trails
- Care for the park's Morgan horses
- Maintain the Coast Miwok cultural exhibit at Kule Loklo
- Maintain and catalogue artifacts for the park's museum and archive
- Assist park administration performing basic office tasks
- Patrol the park on foot, bike, horse, and kayak
- Participate in beach cleanups, such as the California Coastal Cleanup
- Educate park visitors about Tule elk, snowy plovers, elephant seals, and gray whales
- Staff the park's visitor centers and assist visitors with questions
By volunteering, you will take pride in being a steward of one of America's most treasured national park sites.
Get involved! Become a volunteer at Point Reyes National Seashore.
Please visit http://www.nps.gov/pore/getinvolved/volunteer.htm to view our available volunteer opportunities. The volunteer opportunities on our website can be viewed by work type, time commitment, as well as age and group type to help you find opportunities that suit your interests and availability. Once you identify an opportunity(ies) that interest(s) you, you may apply online.
For more information, please contact Doug Hee, Acting Volunteer Program Manager at PORE_Volunteer@nps.gov or 415-464-5225.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Point Reyes National Seashore1 Bear Valley RoadPoint Reyes Station, CA 94956
- Environmental Education
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
- People 55+