Kindred Hospice is seeking volunteers to read to patients. Our patients enjoy listening to volunteers read to them--short stories, poetry, magazines, the Bible, inspirational readings, or even chapters of a novel.
Your visit to a patient brightens the day, and reading to a patient makes it even more special!
A weekly reading visit provides companionship, socialization, intellectual stimulation and comfort to patients.
Join our team of outstanding volunteers!
Volunteer Orientation sessions are offered each month. Email or call for more information.
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Organized? Dependable?...
- READ to hospice patients
- SEWING PROJECTS - Comfort Items...
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- Birthday Cake Bakers
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- CAKES, COOKIES & COMPANIONSHIP
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR PET - team up & visit...
- "TUCK-IN" Phone Calls for Hospice
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans visiting Veterans