Kindred Hospice is seeking volunteers to share an hour with a patient. Our patients enjoy chatting and reminiscing or listening to volunteers read to them--short stories, poetry, magazines, the Bible, inspirational readings, or even chapters of a novel.
Your visit to a patient brightens the day, even for an hour!
A weekly visit provides companionship, socialization, intellectual stimulation and comfort to patients. You may choose the patients you visit--to make your gift of time convenient and comfortable for you.
Join our team of outstanding volunteers!
Volunteer Orientation sessions are offered each month. Email or call for more information.
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week
- Phone calls - volunteers needed
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Excel tracking - patient visits
- Organized? Dependable?...
- Share an hour with a hospice...
- SEWING PROJECTS - Comfort Items...
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- Birthday Cake Bakers
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- CAKES, COOKIES & COMPANIONSHIP
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR DOG - team up & visit...
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans visiting Veterans