Special Events Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
20 people are interested
Position Title: Volunteer for Special Events
Reports to: Jeff Tarr, Director of Development and Martha Coleman, Communications & Volunteer Manager
Overview of the position: Help with fundraising and special events (including our annual fundraiser, Musical Mayhem, and our annual Free Clinic Day).
- Help with mailings (save the date postcards; invitations; post-event thank you letters for Musical Mayhem and letters and flyers for Free Clinic Day).
- Help create decorations and assemble auction baskets or Free Clinic Day take-away bags and children buckets.
- Set up event (decorate, set up sponsor tables, registration table, and auction tables).
- Work event (various jobs during the event coat check, registration, auction aid or check out table at Musical Mayhem or registration, craft table or checkout at Free Clinic Day).
- After the event, help clean and pack up.
Time commitment: Help with one event per year: Musical Mayhem is usually in late February/early March; Free Clinic Day is a Saturday in May.
*Age requirements: Must be 16 years of age or older for Free Clinic Day and/or to help with preparations. All Musical Mayhem volunteers must be 21 years of age or older.
*Training and screenings required: Meet with a member of the Development department to learn job specifics prior to event. There will be an on-site group orientation before each event.
Benefits to the Volunteer:Meet people in the community and help the Center raise more money to fund programs that help individuals with communication disorders.
We'll work with your schedule.
9835 Manchester RoadSt. Louis, MO 63119
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- volunteer application