Special Events Volunteer
Center for Hearing-Speech, St. Louis
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
20 people are interested
Position Title: Volunteer for Special Events
Reports to: Jeff Tarr, Director of Development and Martha Coleman, Communications & Volunteer Manager
Overview of the position: Help with fundraising and special events (including our annual fundraiser, Musical Mayhem, and our annual Free Clinic Day).
- Help with mailings (save the date postcards; invitations; post-event thank you letters for Musical Mayhem and letters and flyers for Free Clinic Day).
- Help create decorations and assemble auction baskets or Free Clinic Day take-away bags and children buckets.
- Set up event (decorate, set up sponsor tables, registration table, and auction tables).
- Work event (various jobs during the event coat check, registration, auction aid or check out table at Musical Mayhem or registration, craft table or checkout at Free Clinic Day).
- After the event, help clean and pack up.
Time commitment: Help with one event per year: Musical Mayhem is usually in late February/early March; Free Clinic Day is a Saturday in May.
*Age requirements: Must be 16 years of age or older for Free Clinic Day and/or to help with preparations. All Musical Mayhem volunteers must be 21 years of age or older.
*Training and screenings required: Meet with a member of the Development department to learn job specifics prior to event. There will be an on-site group orientation before each event.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
Meet people in the community and help the Center raise more money to fund programs that help individuals with communication disorders.