Community Outreach Volunteer
13 people are interested
Position Title: Community Outreach Volunteer
Reports to: Ann Munier, Community Outreach Coordinator
Overview of the position: The Center frequently partners and collaborates with other non-profit and for-profit organizations to impact larger audiences through our Outreach services. Whether you are outgoing or shy, we have a place for you! We would love to give you a chance to be "the face" of the organization at high profile outreach events and/or work behind the scenes on outreach projects. For more information, visit the Community Outreach section of our website (under services).
- Greet participants at Outreach Events (health fairs, presenting at schools or community groups).
- Meet potential clients and spread awareness of what the Center does in our community.
- Distribute Center Information, such as brochures and fact sheets. Answer questions related to materials.
- Work with Center staff to create and distribute mailings.
- Help design and prepare materials for outreach events.
Time Commitment: Flexible, minimum of one event per month is preferred. Event times and locations vary.
*Age requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age.
*Skills/education: Must be comfortable with meeting and speaking to the public to participate at outreach events.
*Training and Screenings required: Orientation plus some additional time with our Outreach Coordinator to learn job specifics related to job or task.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
This is a chance to put your skills to work in a professional setting while helping others. You’ll learn about communication disorders and treatment, capitalize on social and networking opportunities by meeting new people in the community and improve your communication skills.
We'll work with your schedule.
9835 Manchester RoadSt. Louis, MO 63119
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, minimum of one event per month is prefer
- Volunteer Application