Position Title: Community Outreach Volunteer
Reports to: Ann Munier, Community Outreach Coordinator
Overview of the position: The Center frequently partners and collaborates with other non-profit and for-profit organizations to impact larger audiences through our Outreach services. Whether you are outgoing or shy, we have a place for you! We would love to give you a chance to be "the face" of the organization at high profile outreach events and/or work behind the scenes on outreach projects. For more information, visit the Community Outreach section of our website (under services).
- Greet participants at Outreach Events (health fairs, presenting at schools or community groups).
- Meet potential clients and spread awareness of what the Center does in our community.
- Distribute Center Information, such as brochures and fact sheets. Answer questions related to materials.
- Work with Center staff to create and distribute mailings.
- Help design and prepare materials for outreach events.
Time Commitment: Flexible, minimum of one event per month is preferred. Event times and locations vary.
*Age requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age.
*Skills/education: Must be comfortable with meeting and speaking to the public to participate at outreach events.
*Training and Screenings required: Orientation plus some additional time with our Outreach Coordinator to learn job specifics related to job or task.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
This is a chance to put your skills to work in a professional setting while helping others. You’ll learn about communication disorders and treatment, capitalize on social and networking opportunities by meeting new people in the community and improve your communication skills.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, minimum of one event per month is prefer
- Volunteer Application