Audiology Department Volunteer
54 people are interested
Position Title: Audiology Department Volunteer
Reports to: Rebecca Frazier, Chief of Audiology and the Audiology Team
Position overview: Help with basic hearing aid tasks, clerical duties, cleaning.
- Box and prepare mailing for hearing aids that need to be sent for repair.
- Check in new hearing aids when they arrive from the factory.
- Processing donated hearing aids and hearing aid batteries.
- Restock forms and supplies in each of the audiology rooms when needed.
- Sanitize audiology booths and toys.
- Organize supplies.
- Administrative support such as filing client charts, helping prepare new client
paperwork, pulling client charts and making reminder phone calls.
Flexible schedule, 2 hours a week is preferred. A minimum of 40 hours or one semester is required. Available hours to volunteer are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Age requirements: Must be at least 16 years of age.
*Skills/education: Interest in audiology/communication disorders. Good vision, dexterity and a strong attention to detail. Basic computer skills, experience with Excel.
*Experience: No experience necessary but a degree in or actively pursuing a degree in communications disorders, health or audiology preferred.
*Training and screening required: Orientation and on-site training from Audiologists.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
Learn about hearing loss and hearing aids, provide support to Audiologists and help the Center work to fulfill its mission. Volunteers will also increase their organizational and communication skills. Community service is always a plus on any resume.
We'll work with your schedule.
9835 Manchester RoadSt. Louis, MO 63119
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week
- Volunteer Application and HIPAA training