Have you ever been interested in working with the senior population? Bon Secours Hospice has a perfect opportunity for anyone who would like to volunteer but requires a flexible schedule.
Even though Bon Secours Hospice's goal is to give care for patients in their homes, occasionally there are individuals who, for some reason, have no home or caregiver. Right now there are about 5 patients in Nursing Homes in Newport News who could really use a companion. Visits can range anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, dependent upon your avaialability and the patients' energy level.
If you think you are just the person for the job please contact me as soon as possible. Training for Volunteers is currently scheduled for December 16th and 18th.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Nursing Home Companion (Southside)
- Summer Human Service/Social Work...
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteer
- Patient and Family Support...
- Good Help Callers
- Special Project Volunteer
- Yard and House Project Volunteers
- Human Service Intership...
- Administrative Bereavement...
- Veteran Pinning Volunteer...
- Hampton Roads Bereavement Center...
- Licensed Cosmetologist