Every weekend, St. Francis holds an adoption event. These events allow adopters to meet our animals and choose the perfect match. But, without volunteers, we can't hold our adoption events.
Volunteers handle our animals at the events, sharing information about their personalities with potential adopters. If you can't have a pet of your own, what better way to get your dog or kitty fix!
All it takes is a few hours on Saturday. Adoption Day events run from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm. We ask our volunteers to come a little early to help set up or stay a bit longer to help put things away.
If you are interested in volunteering at an adoption event there are a few criteria you must meet:
- Be 18 years of age or older (or at least 16 years old and accompanied by an adult)
- Complete an adoption day volunteer application and sign a volunteer waiver form
- Attend an Adoption Day training session
- Volunteer at an Adoption Day with a St. Francis "Buddy"
- Attend a dog handling training session
Adoption events are an easy way to help us save the lives of homeless animals. Our success is related to our adoption events, and our adoption events depend on volunteers like you.
You can help us save lives. A few hours of your time could mean a happy ending for a homeless animal.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training