Duties and Responsibilities:
- Care for shelter animals by participating in specifically outlined care duties, including cage and kennel cleaning, dog bathroom breaks, dishes, laundry, and animal caretaking duties as assigned by staff such as, but not limited to, taking out recycling and garbage, washing food cans, diet preparation, setting up animal cages for new residence, yard and barn cleanup.
- Help to direct visitors to the Adoption Center for adoption inquiries, and to the front desk for other inquiries.
- Help facilitate quick adoptive placement of animals into forever homes by providing a clean environment as well as enrichment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to take direction and follow implemented guidelines
- Ability to squat, bend, twist, lift or stand for long periods
- Ability to maintain designated safety precautions when dealing with all types of animals
- Animal companion training for desired species.
Training, Schedule and Commitment:
- Attend all mentoring sessions and continuing education as required of this position.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation program
- Position is shift based with one (1) three-hour shift per week for a minimum of three (3) months
- Animal Care / Handling
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 10
- Orientation or Training