The Oak View branch is seeking volunteers to assist elementary school students with their homework in all subject areas. During the second semester there is an emphasis on helping students with specials assignments/reports and projects.
Individuals must be motivated to help kids, who thrive in a busy environment, are team players, and get along with coworkers. Having a background in education helpful, but not required. Ability to speak and write in English is necessary.
Time Commitment: A minimum of one day a week during the school year.
Program Schedule: Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2 pm to 5 pm
Wednesdays from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Spanish skills a plus but not required.
Volunteers 18 years or older must have a background check completed.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of one day a week during the school yea
- Homework Club Tutor (Central...
- Used Books Sales Associate
- Make a difference in the lives...
- Math Club Tutor
- Friends of the Library Gift Shop...
- Change a Life!! Family Literacy...
- Event Marketing Associate
- Taste of HB Event Volunteer
- Help Organize Books at the...
- Homework Club Tutor (Oak View...
- Friends Used Books Volunteer
- Chess Club Coach