CLASSROOM VOLUNTEERS NEEDED There are opportunities in San Francisco's public schools to volunteer in every grade, kindergarten through high school, in almost all subjects: English, math, science, art, social studies, PE, music etc.
Here are some examples of actual requests teachers have made: A 1 st grade teacher asked for a volunteer to help with literacy. "It would be great to have a volunteer work with small groups and individual students doing tutoring, explaining directions and asking students questions to deepen their learning." A 9 th grade Math teacher said, "I have a very large Algebra 1 class and having a volunteer help students one-on-one or in small groups would be a great assistance. I have students that are highly motivated, but need assistance and encouragement in algebra."
The first step toward becoming a school volunteer is to attend a Volunteer Information Sesison. Use this link to register: http://www.sfedfund.org/getinvolved/volunteers.php
Feel free also to call Tom Laursen at 415 695-5400 ext. 3024 if you have any questions at all.
You can, and will, make the difference!
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Cantonese / Mandarin
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week, during normal classroom hours
- San Francisco Students Need You!
- DO YOU LOVE MATH? DO YOU KNOW...
- Be the Mentor a San Francisco...
- Transform a child's life--become...
- Change a student's life in just...
- CHANGE A CHILD'S LIFE--AND YOUR...
- Reading Volunteers Needed At San...
- Sometimes students need just a...
- Do you enjoy math? San Francisco...