10 people are interested
The Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center is looking for Museum Docents to work in various public areas throughout the museum. The time commitment is very reasonable, only two shifts per month for a shift of 3-4 hours each day. We need more volunteers on the weekends, but there are some opportunities during the week as well.
- Docent Tour Guide* - Leads groups of adults, seniors, and children on scheduled tours of the Museum. Helps to interpret and enhance exhibits to visitors as needed.
- Docent Tour Guide Assistant* - Assists the Docent Tour Guide or Education Tour Guide with large groups by helping to keep the tour together and maintain a civilized air.
- Docent Tour Guide Language Interpreter** - Translate the words of the Docent Tour Guide or Education Tour Guide when a group does not understand English well, or when the group would benefit from translation into their own language.
* Docent Tour Guides must have a minimum of 30 hours experience as a Gallery Monitor and have shadowed at least 2 tours with an experienced Docent or staff member.
** Interpreters need a clear voice and language fluency.
-Learn about the life and art of Charles M. Schulz
-Help with Special Events
-Enjoy the original Peanuts cartoon strips & drawings
-Help with children's activities
-Enjoy the exhibits in our outdoor patio garden
-Make new friends!
Our next New Volunteer Orientation is at 5 pm on Wednesday, December 14, 2011. Please contact us to request an application!
We'll work with your schedule.
2301 Hardies LaneSanta Rosa, CA 95403
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6-7 hours per month, minimum
- must be friendly, outgoing & enjoy meeting people!