One in six Yolo County residents cannot read and write sufficiently to carry out day-to-day activities at work and home. Adult literacy tutors provide one-on-one tutoring to an adult in their community. Tutors assist adult learners to meet their personal reading and writing goals such as passing the GED, obtaining a driver license, creating a resume or acquiring new computer skills.
Yolo Reads is a free program of the Yolo County Library.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours per week for 6 months
- transportation recommended
- Spanish speaking tutors need at...
- Do you have an eye for design...
- Library Material Sleuth
- Tales for Tails!
- Technology Wizard!
- Mail Assistant
- Book Exchange Helper
- Processing Wiz!
- Processing Wiz
- Want to learn more about the...
- Share Your Love of Reading
- Material Processing Wonderworker
- Youth Service Volunteer
- The Gatekeeper of Yolo County...
- Volunteer for Marketing and...
- Share your Love of Reading-...
- Program Assistant Volunteer
- Help the library engage more...
- Handy-Dandy Helper
- 2-1-1 Yolo Community Outreach...