ESL Teaching Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1730 W Greenleaf AveChicago, IL 60626
Assist the English as a Second Language Instructor teach classes of 25-30 adult refugee students, brainstorm classroom activities with the instructor, and help create a fun English-language learning environment.
1) Work with several students to provide assistance in English learning;
2) Collaborate with the ESL Instructor to create learning activities for students;
3) Help review completed assignments and suggest ways to improve or supplement assignments;
4) Have the potential to teach more advanced ESL courses to small groups of students;
5) Provide positive feedback on student's progress and encourage student's continued focus on achieving English proficiency.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 2 hours (one class session) per week