School Tour Instructor- The Museum hosts approximately 1,200 students per year, the majority of who are 3rd graders that come to visit the museum on school field trips. Our program satisfies the local history portion of the 3rd grade curriculum. We also have a number of kindergartgen and 1st grade classes visit as well as some 2nd graders. The School Tour Instructor coordinates the school tour volunteers and instructs the students and in one of the following activities:
- Barter Game - Teach how to barter using a deck of cards with pictures of various items such as cows, eggs, and hammers, etc., which the kids barter for similarly valued items.
- Making Butter - Children shake jars of cream until the butter is formed.
- Sand Painting - Tell a story through symbols that are "painted" onto paper using colored sand and glue.
- Museum Tour - Students are taken on a tour of the Museum.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies; average commitment is four (4) hours.