Knoxville-Knox County CAC’s (Community Action Committee) Volunteer Assisted Transportation program is seeking volunteer drivers to assist seniors and people with disabilities to medical appointments, shopping trips, beauty appointments, and other fun activities!
- Seeking volunteer drivers to assist seniors and people with disabilities
- Volunteers are needed for weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Drivers must be 21 years of age and have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Flexible scheduling is available to all volunteers.
- Provide safe, accessible transportation services in agency-owned vehicles
- Stay with Riders and provide assistance at appointments, grocery shopping and other errands.
- Ensure Riders make it safely to their destinations.
- Training provided. (All Training costs covered by the program.)
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Vehicle Orientation (Toyota Prius and Wheelchair Accessible Mini-van)
- Passenger Assistance Training
- AAA Driver Improvement Program
Call to Volunteer and Schedule your training today!
Contact Nancy Welch at 865-673-5001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on: Facebook.com/KnoxVAT
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Case Work / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Two- half days monthly