33 people are interested
Volunteer Drivers Needed in Knox County, TN - Help a neighbor get out and about!
ORGANIZATION: CAC's Volunteer Assisted Transportation
Please visit the new page to apply.
33 people are interested
Become a Volunteer Driver - help someone to their appointment, to the grocery store, or even a social outing.
Be a Volunteer Driver in Knox County, Tennessee. VOLunteer to help your local neighbor with essential errands or trips to the grocery and medical appointments. This specialized transportation service provides one-on-one assistance to riders. Volunteers drive agency vehicles to transport and stay with the passenger at destinations.
- Seeking volunteer drivers to assist seniors and people with disabilities
- Volunteers are needed for weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Drivers must be 21 years of age and have at least 3 years of driving experience,
- Good driving record and pass a background check
- NO SPECIAL DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIRED!
- Flexible scheduling is available to all volunteers.
- Provide safe, accessible transportation services in agency-owned vehicles -see types below
- Stay with Riders and provide one-on-one assistance at appointments, grocery shopping and other errands.
- Ensure Riders make it safely to their destinations and back home
- Training provided. (All Training costs covered by the program.)
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Vehicle Orientation (Toyota Prius, Ford Fusions and Wheelchair Accessible Mini-vans)
- Passenger Assistance and Disability Etiquette Training provided
- AAA Driver Improvement Program training (Defensive Driving) certificate of completion may get you a discount on you auto insurance.
Call to Volunteer and Schedule your training today! It's very simple and easy to help someone out!
You can make your schedule and choose when to volunteer. - Google calendar link provided
Contact Nancy Welch at 865-673-5001 or email@example.com
More information can be found at www.knoxseniors.org/vat along with our volunteer application.
Follow us on: Facebook.com/KnoxVAT
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CAC's Volunteer Assisted Transportation
2247 Western Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37921, US
CAC's Volunteer Assisted Transportation is a non profit, volunteer driven program dedicated to providing accessible and affordable transportation services to Knox County seniors and people with disabilities who require aid and assistance to travel safely.
Volunteer Drivers will receive in-depth training to feel comfortable providing safe travel assistance to our Riders. Training includes First Aid and CPR certification, Passenger Assistance, Vehicle Orientation and Driver Improvement techniques. Volunteers Drivers must possess a good driving record and pass a physical and drug/alcohol screening. Volunteers will use agency owned hybrid sedans.
Knox County, TN2247 Western AvenueKnoxville, TN 37921
October 25, 2023
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2- half days monthly - (approx 3 - 4 hours each day) - flexible schedule ~ Volunteers can choose days/ times to volunteer - late afternoons/evenings and weekends available. Agency vehicle and gas is provided to the volunteer to use when volunteering.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, compassionate & caring, willing to help others, assist w/ wheelchairs. assist client in/out of vehicle and in/out of home. One-on-one assistance to client. No lifting of client required Enjoy driving and helping others.