Commitment: Be able to commit to a 3 hour shift at least once per month.
Volunteer Job Duties: This person will serve as one of the first Agency contacts with our customers. They will introduce our customers to the basics of NMCAA programming and guide them to the appropriate programs.
Perform Triage services for Community Services Department customers:
- Welcome and receive customers by phone and walk-in, answering basic questions and providing basic information and referral. Give customers the client needs assessment and help them fill it out if they need help.
- Review client needs assessments, complete referral section and give out appropriate information and/or application packets.
- Copy and Forward client referral with needs assessments to the appropriate staff person(s). Keep a copy of all forwarded needs assessments on file.
- Pre-screen requests for utility assistance.
- Handout or mail out intake applications and/or information packets - explain what customer needs to bring to appointment. Record actions taken and keep a copy.
- Explain NMCAA Community Services programs and get the customer to the right staff person.
- Set appointments with customers for CSRs, Foreclosure counseling and FMS as able.
- Provide customers with weatherization I&R and give or send out referral forms.
- Sign customers up for classes: Financial Management, Homebuyer, Foreclosure
- Keep supply of information and/or application packets stocked.
- Other departmental assistance and special projects as time and interest allows.
IF INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT LATITIA GARTHE-SHINER AT (231)947-3780 OR BY EMAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment