Saturday at Martin Luther King Jr. Shoreline
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
169 people are interested
Habitat Restoration at Martin Luther King Jr. Shoreline, Oakland.
Plant and tend to native plants, weed, and pick up trash along the shoreline at our sites adjacent to Arrowhead Marsh near the Oakland Airport. Arrowhead Marsh is a one-of-a-kind area to work where waterbirds and shorebirds feed and Brown Pelicans dive and you may hear a Ridgeway's Rail call from the marsh.
Next Volunteer Activities:
- Saturday January 19,2019 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Satuday February 16,2019 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday March 16,2019 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday April 20,2019 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday May 18,2019 from 9:30am-12:30pm
Our workdays are held on the third Saturday of the month, with a few exceptions. These are drop-in programs for individuals. For groups over 5, please contact us about signing up. NOTE: Heavy rains cancel these events.
Email us for directions, or visit our website: http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/volunteer/
Pardee Dr. and Swan Wayto Observation Platform parking lot areaMLK Jr Shoreline ParkOakland, CA 94621
- Habitat Restoration
- People 55+
- 3 hours
- Waiver on site for use of tools and photography