Habitat Restoration at Martin Luther King Jr. Shoreline, Oakland.
Plant and tend to native plants, weed, and pick up trash along the shoreline at our sites adjacent to Arrowhead Marsh near the Oakland Airport. Arrowhead Marsh is a one-of-a-kind area to work where waterbirds and shorebirds feed and Brown Pelicans dive and you may hear a Ridgeway's Rail call from the marsh.
Next Volunteer Activities:
- Saturday Mar 17, 2018 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday May 19, 2018 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday June 16, 2018 from 9:30am-12:30pm
Our workdays are held on the third Saturday of the month, with a few exceptions. These are drop-in programs for individuals. For groups over 5, please contact us about signing up. NOTE: Heavy rains cancel these events.
Email us for directions, or visit our website: http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/volunteer/
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 hours
- Waiver on site for use of tools and photography