Habitat Restoration at Martin Luther King Jr. Shoreline, Oakland.
Plant and tend to native plants, weed, and pick up trash along the shoreline at our sites adjacent to Arrowhead Marsh near the Oakland Airport. Arrowhead Marsh is a one-of-a-kind area to work where waterbirds and shorebirds feed and Brown Pelicans dive and you may hear a Ridgeway's Rail call from the marsh.
Next Volunteer Activities:
- Saturday November 19,2016 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday December 17,2016 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday January 21,2017 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Monday January 16 from 9am-noon MLK Jr Day
- Saturday February 18, 2017 from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday March 18, 2017 from 9:30am-12:30pm
Our workdays are held on the third Saturday of the month, with a few exceptions. These are drop-in programs for individuals. For groups over 5, please contact us about signing up. NOTE: Heavy rains cancel these events.
Email us for directions, or visit our website: http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/volunteer/
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 hours
- Waiver on site for use of tools and photography