Imagine being able to cook for yourself, but not being able to drive to the grocery store or having a disability that interferes with your ability to walk through a store. Now you can help!
Local volunteers grocery shop one morning each week for those who can't. You can help seniors maintain an independent lifestyle by being one of the volunteers. This is a totally volunteer-run nonprofit. Seniors pay for their own groceries.
Three service opportunities are available:
- Call participants to receive their grocery order
- Meet other volunteers at a local grocery store to shop once a week
- Deliver the groceries using your own car
Volunteers not only form special friendships as they shop and deliver together, but also develop close bonds of trust and friendship with the customers through their personal contact. Weekly time commitment is between 2 to 4 hours.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Tutor for homework afterschool
- Adult Literacy Tutors
- Food Delivery Assistant
- Learn Tai Chi then Teach it to...
- Fight Hunger
- Build muscles and friends while...
- Friendly Visitor to a Senior
- Food Delivery and Packaging...
- Like to eat out? Tired of eating...
- Got Computer Skills? Come see us!
- Grocery shop for those who can't
- Distribute Food to Seniors