DONATE TO THIS
95 people are interested
The Salvation Army in Newark needs a volunteer to commit 1 hour per week to help non-English speaking residents learn English in our ESL program.
The ESL Program meets at The Salvation Army, Once a week, 1-hour classes, for a total of 3 months. Class time based on the Volunteer’s Schedule.
The program covers 3 levels: Foundations, Beginner & Conversational English. Instructors will be asked to:
- Be prompt to the ESL classes
- Prepare and present basic reading, writing and conversational skills
- Correct homework
- Aid students in learning skill sets
- Participate in community learning activities
- Be patient with individual learning levels
* Prior experience teaching ESL classes
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to describe accomplishments and skills in an effective manner
* Must be dedicated, reliable, patient, and compassionate
* Must have familiarity with diverse populations and individuals with limited financial resources and job opportunities
* Must enjoy helping people from diverse backgrounds
We'll work with your schedule.
138 Clifford StreetNewark, NJ 07105
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 hour per week