Florida Guardians ad Litem are child advocates for abused, abandoned and neglected child victims in court, the community, and the child welfare system--supported by staff.
Volunteers from Glades County are needed--urgently!
Flexibility in volunteering on your own schedule, attracts many busy people, who can
- Visit a child once monthly
- Attend court 3-4 times annually-dates known 3-6 months in advance and rarely change
- Keep track of what is happening on behalf of the child and advocate when necessary--own their own time, with staff support
- Spend 8-10 hours monthly on their own time on their case--everyone begins with one case to see how it works into their personal schedule
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hr.s monthly--own schedule