This volunteer will assist the food bank personnel in their daily responsibilities to clients.
1. Prepare, divide into various quantities, and bag bulk food and miscellaneous items for distribution.
2. Gather and sort vegetables, ensuring that none are spoiled.
3. Process and distribute emergency food boxes, baby bags, CSFP boxes and bargain buckets, etc.
4. Using food bank guidelines assist with packaging items for the market: snack pacs, grab bags, dog food and other items ( as assigned by Supervisor).
5. Weigh and record donated food and other miscellaneous items at the back door of the warehouse; fill out and give receipt to the donor and copy to the warehouse Supervisor.
6. Process food salvage: sort, clean, and date.
7. Ensure perishables are refrigerated or placed in freezer.
8. Stock shelves (produce, breads and extras) when necessary and rotate items so that first in is first out.
9. Check cans and jars for spoilage daily when possible; dust or clean them when necessary.
10. Assist in maintaining inventory levels.
11. Maintain a neat, clean and organized warehouse: sweep and mp floor. Clean sinks, refrigerators and walk-in freezer.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the John C. Lincoln Health Network. The Volunteer Services Department is a vital part of the Network's services to the community. Volunteers offer an extra dimension of care and service to patients in the hospital and clients through our community programs, empathy for families and visitors and supportive services for the paid staff. As the community in the North Valley grows, our need for reliable, caring and enthusiastic volunteers also grows. We need your assistance.
The John C. Lincoln volunteer experience is fun, challenging, very rewarding and offers opportunities with varying levels of responsibility. We provide an array of opportunities within our hospitals, in our community programs and through the John C. Lincoln North Mountain Auxiliary. It is a great way to help others, your community and yourself. We are seeking an on-going relationship with our volunteers and are willing to flex to meet your needs and those of the John C. Lincoln Health Network. We also offer a variety of benefits. If selected as a new volunteer, you will be asked to attend an orientation class, complete a background check and tb screening; as well as, receive training and support in your position as a volunteer.
Call Volunteer Services 602-331-5729 for an application. Fill out the application and once we receive it in our office, you will be contacted for a personal interview to discuss the various positions that may be of interest to you.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14