The Taking Energy Measures Personally = $avings (TEMP$) program is an annual one day event in which teams of CASA volunteers weatherize the homes of clients by putting plastic on windows, insulating pipes, caulking breaches, installing smoke detectors, replacing storm doors and performing other small repairs. The success of this program depends entirely on the support of our local community. With more and more volunteers giving of their time every year, we have been able to provide additional services such as yard work and wheelchair ramp painting. CASA client's benefit not only from the home improvements, but also from the camaraderie and personal attention paid them by our volunteers!During the week before TEMP$ on Saturday, November 5th, there is much to be done. On Wednesday, November 2nd from 9:00am-afternoon, TEMP$ volunteers will be stuffing hundreds of supply bags for this annual day, sorting extra materials and double checking bags. Then on Friday, November 4th, TEMP$ teams will be picking up materials and volunteers will helping in this process. **The caveat is that we would like those who want to volunteer for this effort to come both days or just for Wednesday, as it is "hit the ground and run" on Friday.**
- Veteran Care
- Home Repair
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- CASA TEMP$ Week Volunteer Position
- Deliver Goods to CASA Seniors
- Install Grab Bars & Handrails...
- Bring a smile to a Senior -...
- Paint Wheelchair Ramps for CASA...
- Build Wheelchair Ramps for CASA...
- Gardening for CASA seniors
- CASA Garden Team Leader
- Handy Man for CASA Seniors
- Drive CASA Seniors to Doctor...
- Item Drive for CASA Seniors
- Mowing Lawns for Seniors
- Planning a Service Day? We've...
- Deliver Produce to CASA Clients
- Wheelchair Ramp Repairs
- CASA Office Volunteer
- CASA Ramp Repairs
- Planting and Harvesting in the...
- Design Wheelchair Ramps for CASA...
- Volunteers to install Grab bars...