Patients in our Women's Transitional Living Program (28-day program) attend volunteer-led 12-step discussion groups and workshops as part of their therapeutic program and personal recovery journey. Volunteers who are women in recovery play an integral role in this process by sharing their personal stories of strength, hope and recovery and how they maintain sobriety and a healthy lifestyle. Volunteers use AA literature like "Living Sober" and "The Big Book "and discuss a variety of themes/topics, i.e., Slogans, Acceptance, Living Sober, Relapse Prevention with small groups of women at our Barrett House residence
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week, minimum twice per month
- Social Work Department Assistant
- Women's Group 12-step Meeting...
- Business Office Assistant
- Help Teens Overcome Addiction...
- Meditation Group Leader
- Calling All Sunday Morning Bakers!
- Recreational Group Assistant
- Medical Library Assistant
- Share your love of art on Monday...
- 12-Step Discussion Group Leader
- Weekend Visiting Hours...
- Weekend Visiting Hours Greeter...
- Admissions Office Assistant
- Admissions Office Patient/Family...
- Knit One, Purl Two: Teach...